Monday, December 30, 2013

You Did WHAT Last Year?!

It's a Janathon warm-up, if you will.

I got to the pool this morning, did a little swim (1350 yards, took me 35 minutes). Now a tiny blog post of course because why do this stuff if you can't go talk about it?

I am feeling so lucky and happy about how the running thing went this year. Tomorrow night I'm doing the Fairfax 4 Miler -- last year it was my first event back after being hurt. Since then, I've done a few races:

  • Resolution 5K in DC with my bud Trish (tiniest race ever!)
  • Rock 'n' Roll Half in DC
  • Out of the Darkness 5K Run at George Mason University
  • Cherry Blossom 10 Miler
  • Run for the Dream Half in Williamsburg
  • PRR Birthday Bash 5K in Fairfax
  • Mattapoisett 5 Miler
  • Parks Half Marathon in Maryland
  • Diva Half Marathon on Long Island, NY
  • Army Ten Miler in DC
  • Marine Corps Marathon
  • Richmond Marathon
  • 5K Run with Santa in Reston
  • Breathe Free Alliance Virtual Half for Lung Cancer Research (aka "The Braddock Road Half")

My feet did not let me down, and while I didn't set a lot of PRs out there, I didn't completely shame myself, either. It was a very good year.

If you happen to be reading this, (a) I love you. Really. Thanks for reading this stuff! And (b) I wish you every happiness and success for a successful and downright brilliant New Year. You deserve it.


3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Anne! Love reading your posts! Congrats on a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty fantabulous year Anne! Looking forward to seeing some great things in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and Tod, thank you! You guys were both full of inspiration of all kinds for me this year. I love keeping up with you and hope that you and your families find that 2014 is full of health, happiness, and blessings of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete