I got to the pool this morning, did a little swim (1350 yards, took me 35 minutes). Now a tiny blog post of course because why do this stuff if you can't go talk about it?
I am feeling so lucky and happy about how the running thing went this year. Tomorrow night I'm doing the Fairfax 4 Miler -- last year it was my first event back after being hurt. Since then, I've done a few races:
- Resolution 5K in DC with my bud Trish (tiniest race ever!)
- Rock 'n' Roll Half in DC
- Out of the Darkness 5K Run at George Mason University
- Cherry Blossom 10 Miler
- Run for the Dream Half in Williamsburg
- PRR Birthday Bash 5K in Fairfax
- Mattapoisett 5 Miler
- Parks Half Marathon in Maryland
- Diva Half Marathon on Long Island, NY
- Army Ten Miler in DC
- Marine Corps Marathon
- Richmond Marathon
- 5K Run with Santa in Reston
- Breathe Free Alliance Virtual Half for Lung Cancer Research (aka "The Braddock Road Half")
My feet did not let me down, and while I didn't set a lot of PRs out there, I didn't completely shame myself, either. It was a very good year.
If you happen to be reading this, (a) I love you. Really. Thanks for reading this stuff! And (b) I wish you every happiness and success for a successful and downright brilliant New Year. You deserve it.