- I had signed up for it last year, got hurt, deferred, and finally did that thang yesterday.
- On Saturday, I spent a head-bangingly frustrating day trying to learn computer programming. After a day like that, pounding pavement is just what you need.
- It ran along beautiful trails from Rockville to Bethesda, Maryland.
- There was a piano player at about mile 5, just like at Big Sur! (I know, without the crazy hills and those views of the Pacific. Also without the jet lag.)
- I got to do it with Larry, Melanie A., new running friend Alison, Dusti and Mary. Any of those folks make a day better all on their own.
- The 2:10 pace group leader, Audrey, was a delight.
- When the crowd around the delightful Audrey got too tight at about mile 9 (we started passing and picking up runners so our little group snowballed), I was able to surge ahead and finish under 2:08.
- Brag alert: I was able to kick up the last hill for .1 mile of GLORY.
- My dear and kind husband drove up to Rockville after the race to let me back into the car from which I'd locked myself.
- Instead of medals, you get a sweet HAT that I will wear with extreme pride. "Oh, this? This hat that says, 'Parks Half Marathon' on it? Oh, yeah, I did that half in September. It was great!"
Monday, September 9, 2013
Parks Half Marathon Top Ten!
Top Ten Reasons Why This Half Marathon Was a Total Win: