Here's what I did instead today:
- grocery shopping with one of the teenagers
- a nap
- a plank
- more laundry
- talked on the phone to my sister
- had a pumpkin ale
- picked up some new capris
- made chicken divan soup, which everyone liked
- enjoyed a great cup of coffee with a lovely friend who was also not running the Marine Corps Marathon. And Sarah C. really is a cool person I don't get to see often enough, so that was quite excellent.
And then yesterday I had a terrific run with another friend I don't get to see often enough, Linda G. We did a fine 13 miler on the W&OD trail. It was a beautiful morning featuring lots of Halloween costumed runners, and there was even a Girl Scout bake sale (with two Golden Retrievers) at the end.
So even if I didn't get to run a race today that I didn't know I wanted to run, I can't complain at all about the weekend.